Gamify2023 will be the second edition of the international workshop on Gamification in Software Development, Verification, and Validation. This edition of the workshop will be held online only.
Gamification is the practice of applying game-like mechanics to increase the engagement and fun in non-ludic activities. Gamification usually involves elements such as leaderboards, achievements, missions, and competitions between players. Evidence in Software Engineering literature demonstrates that gamification can improve software quality when applied to most phases of the software process. Gamify aims at investigating the current trends in the development of source code, and in the generation of test scenarios that leverage Gamified mechanics.
The workshop aims at bringing together researchers, practitioners and tool developers working on topics related to the application of such gamified mechanics to software development, verification and validation. The workshop will aim including both academic and empirical research, as well as presentations of gamified tools and industrial case studies.
After the workshop, a journal special edition is planned.
The workshop will be held online 4th December, 2023. Virtually co-located with ESEC/FSE 2023.
// Accepted Papers
- Riccardo Coppola - Politecnico di Torino, Turin (Italy)
- Luca Ardito - Politecnico di Torino, Turin (Italy)
- Gordon Fraser - University of Passau, Passau (Germany)
- Maurizio Leotta - University of Genova, Genova (Italy)
// Keynote: TBA
// Important dates
- Workshop papers submission: July 20, 2023
- Workshop papers notification: August 10, 2023
- Workshop papers camera-ready (hard): August 24, 2023
- Workshop date: TBA, 2023
// Program Committee
- Andreas Bauer - Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Antonio Bucchiarone - Bruno Kessler Foundation, Italy
- Beatriz Marin - Universitat Poltecnica de Valencia, Spain
- Filippo Ricca - Università degli Studi di Genova, Italy
- Francesco Strada - Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- João Henrique C. Pimentel - Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco, Brazil
- Marco Torchiano - Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Michel Nass - Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Pekka Aho - Open Universiteit, The Netherlands
- Tanja E.J. Vos - Open Universiteit, The Netherlands and Universitat Poltecnica de Valencia, Spain
- Tommaso Fulcini - Politecnico di Torino, Italy
// Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit papers to the workshop, and present and discuss them at the event on topics related to Gamification in Software Development, Verification and Validation. Paper submissions can be of the following types:
- Full papers (max. 8 pages) describing original, complete, and validated research;
- Position/Short papers (max. 4 pages) that describe not fully validated, in-progress works, or that discuss potential new directions for the community;
- Tool papers (max. 4 pages) for researchers who want to present tools relevant to the workshop.
Relevant topics include:
- Gamified software development;
- Gamified definition of test cases/suites;
- Gamified end-2-end, capture & replay or exploratory testing;
- Gamified integrated development environments;
- Theoretical gamification frameworks;
- Metric frameworks to evaluate the performance of software developers and testers;
- Gamification applied to software development and software testing education;
- Applied games for software development and software testing education.
All submissions must be in English and in PDF format. At the time of submission, all papers must conform to the ESEC/FSE 2023 Format and Submission Guidelines. Gamify 2023 will employ a double-blind review process.
Each paper will be reviewed by at least three program committee members.
Accepted papers will be published as part of ESEC/FSE workshops proceedings, through the ACM Digital Library.
Papers should be submitted through EasyChair: Submission website.
At least one author of each accepted paper will need an ESEC-FSE workshop registration. Discounts will apply for online-only registrations.
// Previous Editions
Gamify 2022 was held the 17 of November, 2022, in Singapore (co-located with ESEC-FSE 2022).